Seven children were killed in an airstrike by the U.S.-led coalition on a compound in eastern Afghanistan where al Qaeda fighters were believed to be gathered on Sunday, according to a U.S. military statement.
A U.S. military spokesman said there was no sign of children around the targeted building before the airstrike was ordered. "We had surveillance on the compound all day and saw no indications there were children inside the building," said Army Maj. Chris Belcher, spokesman for the Coalition
"This is another example of al Qaeda using the protective status of a mosque, as well as innocent civilians, to shield themselves," Maj. Belcher said. "We are saddened by the innocent lives that were lost as a result of militants' cowardice."
1. It was a fucking Madrassa, there will be children inside the building. It's a school. Assholes.
2. I refuse to believe your "surveillance", your NSA provided penny-picture-perfect surveillance could not see the children at the Madrassa.
3. If you were so sure about your surveillance, why did you not go in and get them.
4. 7 children were killed. Militants too, apparently. Congratulations.
5. "We are saddened by the innocent lives that were lost as a result of militants' cowardice". How about "we are sorry that we killed 7 of your children"; "we are sorry our much prized surveillance did not see children in the school". How about just a simple "we are sorry and we pray that their souls rest in peace".
Do not get me wrong. I support the American endeavour to cleanse the world of terrorism. You have the satellites that can read the numbers on a dollar bill shoved up a camel's ass. Use them. Please.